Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 36 bobcat was leaving a "mohawk" on every yard, had to double cut everything. been to the shop twice, and my guy is very knowledgable, but he couldnt figure this one out. i saw many threads on this before, so i thought i would share how i corrected it. raised the front end a bit, it got better, raised it more, better yet, raised it more, problem solved. simple enough, hope it helps.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx john(do u know, u have the same name as a bathroom?), but the mower was pitched the way the dealer said it should be. he measured everything from front to back, everything was "perfect" according to specs. now, my 48 is pitched the same exact way, and cuts like a dream, this 36 didnt.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so what r u tryin to tell me? it didnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out? i never imagined id have to pitch it that far back the other way to make it work properly

·
Registered
952 Posts
John Gamba

my new lazer is doing the same thing.what are you running for deck pitch

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
lifted the front 3/4 inch to correct it. before, the front was pitched 1/8 lower than the back.
So you're sayin the front is "higher" than the back by 5/8" ??? Not that I don't believe you but, all you hear is you want the front "lower" by 1/8 to1/4 inch.
Help us out Bobby G., you may have hit on something

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
lots of interesting tidbits are tossed about here.

I had problems with the ole lesco when I started.

I had to learn the hard way to tension the blade belts properly; that sharp blades matter and that I needed the wheel pulleys replaced and suffered in silence for a long time before I changed them.

I am just glad that it has never left a mowhawk.

now if I could just get my hands on a lazer I am ready for a complete new set of problems.:)

GEO

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My jd is setup front lower. deck pitch

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.