Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a big job about 2 months ago and raised this guys backyard about 8 inches. It took almost thirty yards of dirt to do. We rolled it sveral times before we put the sod down and when we were done it looked great. This customer was the biggest pain throughout the job he kept adding stuff and not wanting to be charged for it. Needless to say I was thrilled to be done with it. He called me 2-3 weeks ago saying that he has low spots everywhere and wants me to come back take the sod up and add dirt then reroll it. I have already lost on this job. We have had a lot of rain after the job was done. I blew him off because he's annoying and then I got a letter from his lawyer saying pay 1000 dollars or pull the sod up and add dirt then he threw a bunch of extras like pull all the weeds around his place and till some areas that weren't on the original and sod it. Any suggestions how to handle. Thanks JJ

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
I did a big job about 2 months ago and raised this guys backyard about 8 inches. It took almost thirty yards of dirt to do. We rolled it sveral times before we put the sod down and when we were done it looked great. This customer was the biggest pain throughout the job he kept adding stuff and not wanting to be charged for it. Needless to say I was thrilled to be done with it. He called me 2-3 weeks ago saying that he has low spots everywhere and wants me to come back take the sod up and add dirt then reroll it. I have already lost on this job. We have had a lot of rain after the job was done. I blew him off because he's annoying and then I got a letter from his lawyer saying pay 1000 dollars or pull the sod up and add dirt then he threw a bunch of extras like pull all the weeds around his place and till some areas that weren't on the original and sod it. Any suggestions how to handle. Thanks JJ
LAWYER UP ..................

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3200 including soding 400 sq feet moving six bushes, reseting 60 feet of bed edge, adding 2 30 foot sections of drinage and bury it, regrading a terrace to soften it and leveling off the back yard.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
So he basicly wants 1/3 of the total cost refunded to him...Screw that basterd!!! Ask him where the hell he comes up with a $1000.00 and no matter what answer he gives you tell him, I have plenty of time to hang out at the court house so if you dont mind waisting some of you vacation time...then i"ll see you in court!!!! And tell your lawyer i said Hi :waving: I know this doesn't sound very professional coming from me but i had a bad day and this is how i feel at the moment ( Im tired of people thinking they can screw small business owners by having their so-called lawers send nasty grams).....:angry: Sorry for the bad advise! But i would tell him to hug a NUT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.