1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lemon law for ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DustyH, Aug 24, 2007.

1. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone knew if Louisiana allowed lemon law claims to be made on ZTR mowers? I have an Lazer Z that has been in the shop 6 times for a total of 8 weeks and it isn't even a year old and still isn't fixed. Now it is just damaged where they used a torch and welder to update the deck and burned the paint off the top of the deck. Am I wrong for wanting a refund or a new mower. It had less than 50 hrs on it.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Get in touch with Exmark... NOT your dealer, but with the main Company,

" I was jsut talking to them yesterday"

let them know waht 's up, and how you were and are treated, and it wouldn't surprise me if they said go pick out a new mower...

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure, but good luck with getting the exmark factory to back you on anything on it... i got screwed by the dealer and they sided with the dealer. another reason i am so glad to have another walker.

4. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I almost forgot, I cannot use my mulching kit now because the welded all the new baffles to the deck instead of drilling and bolting them on.

5. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I have talked to Exmark directly and they said to take it up with the distributer.

6. MikeLT1Z28

and so the "talk to so and so" begins.... i wish you the best of luck my friend.

7. MikeLT1Z28

no sir... that won't work, not on a new mower, or any mower for that fact.

what was it in the shop for so much anyway?

8. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you got a dealer problem.

Good luck to you and let us know what is Exmark's final response. I would be interested in knowing how they handle this.

:waving:

9. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

After you have exhausted every attempt at getting satisfaction from the dealer, you can contact your Secretary of State and/or states Attorney Generals Office for guidance. Good luck my friend.

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm.

I have a similar Problem with my Cub Cadet Enforcer 44". It has broken 8 PTO and 1 deck belts in 80 hours.

Dealer and I finally got mad enough at cub cadet, and they agreed to buy it back from me.

So, we'll see what happens.