Lesco 100 lb spreader

LawnCATS

LawnSite Member
Anyone know much about these? I have one with the remote 3rd hole control and remote deflector. I need a new cable for the 3rd hole cover and maybe some other items. Anyone have a parts breakdown or know if parts are readily available still or what is the same as the 80 lb ones? I need a new grate too. What has anyone used to make a grate?

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
A welding and fabrication shop can make or cut an expanded metal grate. Smaller openings if you want.
Myself, used a rectangular plastic laundry basket with a grid screen on four sides and the bottom. Found one that fit. Openings about 3/8 inch. Had to cut off a half-inch of handle on one side.
Probably a lawn mower shop will have a cable for the third hole cover. They can cut length to fit.

OP
L

LawnCATS

LawnSite Member
A welding and fabrication shop can make or cut an expanded metal grate. Smaller openings if you want.
Myself, used a rectangular plastic laundry basket with a grid screen on four sides and the bottom. Found one that fit. Openings about 3/8 inch. Had to cut off a half-inch of handle on one side.
Probably a lawn mower shop will have a cable for the third hole cover. They can cut length to fit.
Do you have a 100 lb one? I am looking to see how the cable attaches to the hopper to hold it in place. I can see where the cable hooks into 3rd hole slide, but I am not 100% on how the cable is secured to the hopper.