Lesco 200 gallon spray rig

Buzz kill

LawnSite Member
Hey guys just bought a lesco 200 gallon spray rig with a fiberglass tank. Have no info on it . It has a hannay power reel. A honda engine .diaphragm pump have no idea , well some how to use it . Looking for user manual or a direction , video or anything thx

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
For 12 volt power to the reel you need a fat insulated wire to go from the fat terminal on the reel relay. Run it under the pickup bed rail and down through one of the stake pockets securing it by drilling small holes and attaching zip ties. Go under the cab and attach to the positive of the battery. Take care to protect the wire fully at every chafe point as a fire could start if the wire shorts out to bare metal. You also need a fat wire to ground the reel motor to bare metal of the bed.
Loosen up your shoulders. Take a firm stance at a 90 degree angle. Pull smartly on the black rubber handle. Clean filter. Do water test.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Just in case you are new to skid sprayers. There should be a ball valve--open it to send all of the flow to the tank. This usually comes out of the agitation nozzles inside the tank. Pressure drops to near zero. Close this valve to begin spraying.
Adjust pressure with some kind of turnable thingy on top of the PRV (pressure relief valve). Good pressure is about a hundred pounds. Use a bit more if you want over 2 .5 gals per minute. Less if you want less than 2 gals per minute.
There should be an air valve for the air chamber on top of the pump. The pressure here should be about 20 percent of your spraying pressure.
Are you planning to dissolve bags of urea in the tank? If so there are a couple interesting complications to overcome.

OP
B

Buzz kill

LawnSite Member
? It has a drain in it but I put water in it opened valve got nothing . Reversed hose to put water in through it an nothing. Any ideas?

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Buzz,
I do not know why the drain will not drain. Sorry, plugged up with prodiamine , I suppose.
I remember now--for mosquitoes.
If you have a Chemlawn spray-gun you can usually screw on an ordinary garden hose water nozzle--the threads are about the same. Insert a garden hose washer screen here, if you wish. Then you have an adjustable nozzle gun. Reach out into the brush. Mist into the small bushes.
Do you have the three cylinder Hypro pump? Has good pressure. If oil gets milky or increases in volume--a diaphragm is shot--replace diaphragms. 20 minute job--takes me two hours. Needs Allen wrenches--metric as I recall. Clearance is limited--hope you have small hands. Keep a set if diaphragms on hand in your shop.
In winter take the reel swivel apart and lube it thoroughly with silicone grease.

Hurry--all this rain will stimulate lots of mosquitoes in SW Michigan!

Last edited: