1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco 36" vs. Wright Stander 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlomb72, Mar 4, 2008.

1. dlomb72

dlomb72 LawnSite Member

I have read many threads but want some honest feedback about my situation. I have a 36" Lesco gear drive that has nothing wrong with it. I recently saw a Wright stander 36" for $3000. I am not sure if it is worth money for me to buy the same size mower even though I realize the stander is much faster. I am also running a 48" walker and a couple of lawn boys when necessary. When all is said and done, I will be putting out about $2000 after I sell my lesco. Is this move worth the money or should I leave well enough alone?

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a price on a 36 Lesco gear 2300 and hydro was 3100 . The local Wright dealer wanted 5700 for a 36" stander with Electric start. So the price sounds good. Would this be a primary machine?

3. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

I would do it.

4. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Do it. You won't look back.

5. dlomb72

dlomb72 LawnSite Member

the walker is the primary but the 36 fits through gates and stuff. how is the wright going across a steep hill?

6. dlomb72

dlomb72 LawnSite Member

I should mention that the wright for $3000 is used with 880 hours on it. my lesco gear has 500 hours on it.

7. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Too many hours for me. That being said the WS is a much better machine than the Lesco. I bought a 32" fixed deck with 80 hours used for 2500.00 last yr.

Good luck