lesco 48' hydro cant get the hydro pump pulley off!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by kingkalbo, Jul 12, 2019.

1. kingkalbo

kingkalbo LawnSite Member

i used a small 2 jaw puller and it bent pulley real good. didnt budge at all. cant believe its giving such a hard time.

hopefully i can still get a new pulley. part # 70699 Hydro Pump Pulley, 5.00 DiaHydro Pump

2. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

What's a lesco? :eek: jk

3. OP
    OP
    kingkalbo

20190712_192958.jpg lesco 48 hydro walk behind.

4. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

Would a 2 jaw puller pull straight? Might need to try a 3 jaw. Spray the heck out of the shaft with some penetrating oil if you haven't yet. If you can get a new pulley, you might need to cut the hub with a cutoff wheel to release the tension so it will pull off. Just don't cut into the shaft. I would try a some slight tapping on the hub, around the outside of it, gently.

5. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

At the 2:30 position is that a key? If it is probably going to have to get that out first.

6. OP
    OP
    kingkalbo

how do i get the key out??? never had to do that before while working on cars. ha

7. kemco

8. OP
    OP
    kingkalbo

its recessed in there??? i cant grab it. pulley.jpg

9. kemco

My suggestion would be small screw driver tapping lightly outwards direction (after penetrating oil has been on there a while). Now my next suggestion may come with lots of negative comments but on very stuck bolts I put my propane torch on it for about a minute or so then try to loosen out, after it cools off just a bit being careful no gas or oil or grass can catch fire. And have an extinguisher handy.

10. OP
    OP
    kingkalbo

there are threads on shaft and it is help on with nut and washer . picture is bad. i took nut and washer off. i would think key is oval or fit into a slot on crank. i dont know how i would tap it out unless its a weird setup.