1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco 48" Walk Behind Neutral Latch

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by guitartist44, Jun 19, 2017.

1. guitartist44

guitartist44 LawnSite Member

Recently picked up a 2005 Lesco 48" Belt Drive Walk Behind Mower for $200. I'm in the process of getting it up and running. It needs the Peerless Transmission either rebuilt or a new one. But it's also missing the Neutral Latch Thumb Levers located on both Handles. I've searched the web and contacted my local Deere dealer but can't find anybody selling them. I've seen several post where people have said these machines have similar parts as Scags and Cub Cadets. Does anybody know if the levers from those machines would work on my Lesco. If anybody has the Lesco 48 would you be willing to send me a pic of what the Levers look like and/or a few measurements.
    Lesco 48 Model 708682
    RH Neutral Latch # 021858
    LH Neutral latch # 021910
    Also, for the Peerless (700-083) I'm looking at buying a replacement on Amazon that's a PRO-GEAR T7512 for $175 if anybody has any words of experience with them. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

For Siteone, just add B1 to the front of their numbers
    For the CC number just add "00" to the front of the numbers. These are going to be hard to find. I do use some Scag parts like yokes but I don't know if all the parts will cross

I just checked MTD and they are NLA from them.

Here is the link to MTD parts

hort101 likes this.
  3. guitartist44

guitartist44 LawnSite Member

No luck with the Cub Cadet numbers or MTD. I did find the Hydro MTD model 1448H with a very similar handle layout that uses Neutral Latch part #'s 00071310 and 00071326. Do you think they'd be close enough to the ones I'd need? Thanks again!

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

They look like they would work.....If you are near a bobcat/bunton/scag dealer, take the latches to them and see if you can get a match. You might have to flip them, right on left side kind of thing.