Lesco 50lbs spreader anyone has it?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by N0cturnal12, Apr 19, 2017.

1. N0cturnal12

N0cturnal12 LawnSite Member

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Senior Member

Everything looks the same as the stainless steel one but a smaller version.

I am not a fan of Non stainless steel powder coated Spreader frames. Spent the extra $ and buy the lesco stainless steel one. Frame will will last forever and Spreader hold its re-sale value.

Wes Parker and N0cturnal12 like this.
  3. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

I have it, the size is perfect. I would get the breakthru agitator. I just installed one and everything works great.

N0cturnal12 and Mr Efficiency like this.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If space is tight on your truck--get the Earthway C22, 50 pound size. Weighs less. Probably fits, even if you have a skid sprayer on your truck.
    Rust is a sure problem. There is a stainless steel version, but no dealers stock it.

5. Mr Efficiency

You are the first I know of that put a breakthru Agitator in the lesco 50 lb spreader. I was pretty sure the holes are spaced the same and has same gate plate as the 80 lb one but a smaller version.

It has the deep holes holes also right?
    If so just set it like in my recent post.
    https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/ne...en-3-hole-hoppers.461508/page-12#post-5608616

Thanks for trying one out, latter in the season let me know how it is working out.

N0cturnal12 likes this.
  6. Mr Efficiency

The earthway one sounds a little smaller but was that the one you used recently and had to bounce it constantly across the turf to keep an even flow going?

N0cturnal12 likes this.
  7. N0cturnal12

N0cturnal12 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I am considering because of the size. I read somewhere - not sure this or other forum, that 50 lbs one is made in China. If that is the case, then I will have to look at Earthway.

8. Mr Efficiency

Not sure where the lesco one is made but the Breakthru Agiator that makes Lesco spreader provide a perfect even consistent flow are made in the USA. You would have to buy that separately and Rittenhouse has them.
    https://www.rittenhouseusa.com/lesc...kit-t422400/?gclid=COu4zJ62sdMCFZ5WDQodP6YOlQ

IMG_20170419_165901025_HDR.jpg

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The spreader I had a problem with, was unbranded and painted black with a black plastic hopper. I think it cost $20 some 20 years ago at a TSC store. It has 3 holes, but it had rotary agitation. The agitation wire rusted out and disappeared long ago. Cable control for the opening. You can see it in my old pictures. I only do my own yard (2000 sq ft) and my daughter's yard since retiring. Weighs about 5 pounds. Originally it was used for steep slopes where I could not take my Permagreen.It was small so I could tie it on top of my sprayer and still have room for my skid, 20 bags of fertilizer, and my Permagreen which I carried on a rack .
    https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/spreader-calibration-stationary-without-moving.453599/

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Mr Efficiency likes this.
  10. Glwenzl

Glwenzl LawnSite Senior Member

Not to derail this thread but is there much difference between this Lesco and a Spiker?