1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lesco 52" wb hydro older style? mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeremy067390, Jun 12, 2007.

1. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

ok i buy alot of my stuff, trucks mowers brooms at auction. i recently got 3 52 inch fixed deck lescos for 750$. one with a bent deck and 600 hours and 2 with 1600 hours. ive never seen such god awful maint and adjustments before, cause they werent that rough just blown from poor service. i stripped the one with the bent deck and put a 23 hp kohler i got this winter on ebay for 700 bucks brand new on one of them. i figure by the time im done i walk away with 2 52s and extra hydro parts for 2800 bucks.

so i was wondering about a mulch kit. i got one at lesco which boiled down to a block off plate that doesnt fit my mower so im asuming my mower may be older. even still i dont think it would have worked well. just wondering if there was a kit available for my mower? it doesnt look like there were any hook up points underneath. ill probably just run the scag mulch blades i got and a chute block off. who makes good ones or cheap ones?