1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Lesco (JDL) pricing, keeping them honest

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by lawncuttinfoo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is everyone paying for 30-0-6?
    I am now being charged $26 per bag pricing, this seems like it has increased faster than the usual "increase in prices"

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I jut got a price on 30-0-06 50% pcsc at 19.50 a bag and it was not threw JDLS

Are you just buying 1 bag at a time mine was a per pallet price

Charles Cue

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That's too much...should be under $20.00
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

Teammates seed that cost me 64 a bag last year cost 83.50 last week

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

If you understand Business Models then you will understand JDL/Lesco Pricing. JDL/Lesco has a Retail Store in just about every town. They are not unlike 7-11 with a store on every corner. They even sell single bags of fertilizer to home owners.

Helena and Crop Production Services (or What ever they call themselves now) might have 3 to 5 warehouses in the whole state of Florida. They deliver once a week to each area in their region. When they deliver to me, they are also delivering to 2 golf course and a Driving range with in a few blocks of me. They are also making these deliveries with an 18 wheeler and pallets of product.

I am not a big customer of JDL/Lesco. But I appreciate they have a store in my area. They are my 7-11 when I can't wait for a Sam's Club delivery.

6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Great analogy Thumbs Up