Lesco Mower will not stop

volcano

LawnSite Member
Hello, I have a 48" Lesco walk behind mower with a 14hp kawasaki engine. When I turn key to stop it keeps running. I changed starter switch and it did not help. I noticed a small electric part that goes in when the Blade clutch handle is pushed to engage blades, I'm thinking that is what is to be replaced but I can't find it on the parts list diagram to see how to order it.
Thanks.

Breezmeister

LawnSite Gold Member
I noticed a small electric part that goes in when the Blade clutch handle is pushed to engage blades, I'm thinking that is what is to be replaced but I can't find it on the parts list diagram to see how to order it.
Thanks.

I think you are talking about the safety switch. It's working, other wise you could not start the engine. How many wires go to the key ? switch, how many wires are coming out from the engine shroud ?

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
From your description of the problem it sounds like the kill wire for the ignition coil fell off. Might want to remove the top engine shroud to verify that the wire that grounds the coil when shutting the engine off is connected.

Top Forums