Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Why would you want to? Their mowers are the biggest pieces of crap to ever roll across a lawn - they even made the dog crap on the lawn look good. It was the happiest day of my life when I sold our last piece of crap Lesco mower in the tradin' times.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
They badly needed to update their website, it wasn't even as good as many of you have.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
Nevermind, I went there and it's already annoying. Details are sketchy and incomplete. Also, they show the weight on a 36" hydro wb as being 1,000 lbs. Ha.

Also, you have to give them an account number to get pricing information. How obnoxious. One sure way to not get someone to BECOME a customer is to make them provide a lot of information before giving them the information they're requesting.

What is the logic of requiring someone to be a previous customer before giving information out on your lawnmowers?

When will these marketing wizards learn? You can't force people to be your customers. Put out a good product, tell me the price, or I'll just go to any one of your 20 other competitors, especially for a non-innovative machine like Lesco's.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm sure the reason for that is just like Exmarks, and other brands for that matter. Prices vary by region or area. They want the contact information so they can bombard you with pamphlets and brochures. Heck, have you tried to get prices online for any other brand of mower? At least they have the option of checking prices online. That's better than the others.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never heard anything bad, here locally, about there walk-behinds. I personally don't own one of their mowers. However, I have one each of their: spreaders, aerator, and leaf loader. I have never had a problem with any of them.
Well anyway back to the point; I think it is a massive improvement over their old site. I like the fact or can check stock on anything!!! If stock is under 30 at the location it says call for availability, well for Fert anyway.

Jim M

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a belt drive 36" inch walk behind. I bought it from a guy about a year and a half ago. The mower is about 8 to 10 years old and it starts on the second pull.

Jason

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
bruce that was one of the most intelligent things i have read here! good stuff!

jsm their competition already knows their prices!

anal companys will never learn,,,,,when a company gives control to the college boys,,,,many times they miss the obvious!

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
Originally posted by work_it
I'm sure the reason for that is just like Exmarks, and other brands for that matter. Prices vary by region or area. They want the contact information so they can bombard you with pamphlets and brochures. Heck, have you tried to get prices online for any other brand of mower? At least they have the option of checking prices online. That's better than the others.
That's true. But did you check out Lesco's silly "MSRP" prices? At least with Exmark I know I can ballpark the numbers I can get online based on estimating the discount I can get from their somewhat realistic prices.

I don't mind giving some basic information even. But they want a customer number. How can I give them that? I was just tire kickin' anyway. I don't really want a pistol grip mower.

I also found numerous dead links and apparently duplicate listings for mowers with differening model numbers but apparently identical feature descriptions, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Some had photos, others didn't. It still needs some work.

Oh yeah, when I checked availability of some of the mowers, it read "call for availability" at all but one of about 20 nearby locations. And that was accross the state. If you aren't prepared to keep realtime computer databases on inventory, like some car makes do, don't bother with it on the website. I'd rather the bandwidth be spent on more photos and descriptions anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lesco mowers are owned by mtd as far as I know. Their mowers and cub cadet's commercial mowers, who is owned by mtd, are identical. Mtd had their own line of commercial mowers until 2002, called MTD PRO. If you look at all three of these mowers there indentical from the Z's to the W/B's. I actually bought a MTD PRO 52" w/B, the dealer himself told me that they were all the same and that he had been to the factory and saw it himself.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went down to my local dealer today to check out the new 54" Hydro w floating deck. This thing is built like a tank and has a MSRP of $4400.00. Looks like the Z-two in a walk behind (very solid looking). I might have to get one at their open house at the end of the month.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Lesco mowers are built rugged, lower in price, and I have never suffered a major breakdown. One machine I have is 11 years old (36" walk behind only put in 1 transmission still running original kawi motor) and the other is 9 years old (48" WB)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.