• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Lesco Question

Approach

LawnSite Member
I'm about to change the blades on my 52" Lesco.

Question 1) Can someone describe the proper method to removing the old baldes & installing the new blades? Do I need some sort of Block, or something to trap the blade from spinning while I tighten it?

Question 2) Does anyone know what size socket I should use to remove the blades on my Lesco 52" Hydro? 5/8" ? 15mm? ?? ie) What tools are necessary to remove the blades ?-- without using an impact wrench.

edward hedrick

LawnSite Senior Member
I use a 1/2" ratchet with a 15/16" socket, and a 15/16" box end wrench.

I use the wrench on the nut on top. On the bolt head on the bottom I use the ratchet with a 4" extension and a piece of pipe on the ratchet handle.

To keep the wrench from turning I let the wrench hit the belt cover support.

causalitist

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm about to change the blades on my 52" Lesco.

Question 1) Can someone describe the proper method to removing the old baldes & installing the new blades? Do I need some sort of Block, or something to trap the blade from spinning while I tighten it?

Question 2) Does anyone know what size socket I should use to remove the blades on my Lesco 52" Hydro? 5/8" ? 15mm? ?? ie) What tools are necessary to remove the blades ?-- without using an impact wrench.
dude... if you dont have an air compressor just buy a 18 or 24 volt cordless impact wrench. youll thank me. they come off in a few seconds.

i use a milwuakee 18v 240 ft/lb was about $300 but i use it for all kinds of crap.