Lesco ride on spreader

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by arl250, Sep 12, 2017.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at getting a ride on spreader before we start fertilizing in a few weeks. Is there any better options in the $4000 price range or less? This morning at site one they quoted the lesco for $4250. All I need is a spreader I already have a separate set up for spraying.

2. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get in touch with a guy named rcreech on this site. There are ground logics used that have a spreader and sprayer combo.will save you mucho time. Spkyer web site has a spreader also. Lesco is crappy imo. Also you can find good used permagreen sin that price range. Get something that sprays and spreads. Will save you so so much time.

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Senior Member

Agree, Lesco is crappy with the stock Z paper clip agitaor in the hopper but all 3 hole Lesco and all 3 hole Permagreens are Not crappy and are better then spyker now with using the Breakthru agitaor. Flow and clog issues have been eliminated when a PG Breakthru Agitaor is installed.

Buying a BR will be the Best $30 you will ever spend on an aftermarket Spreader accessory and can be bought at Site one Supply locations.
    A ton of Serious field and shop testing was done on it before it was brought to market.

Happy Spreading.
    81dd81b1-aad7-407d-8b04-c5cdbdd23fed.gif

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I would say the lesco machine is the best power spreader in that price range. The last time i purchased a lesco hps was april of 2014, i believe it was $3000.00 If you could find a used ground logic rover you would be all set!

hort101 likes this.
  5. arl250

I'm really considering the lesco now just because they come down to $4000 and I can get 0% interest for 24 months....

hort101 likes this.
  6. arl250

Is that something I can just buy and put on? No modifications?

hort101 and Mr Efficiency like this.
  7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, mo modification, it's universal, single set screw, fits every Lesco 3 hole Spreader ever made or any hopoer using the same hole set up like PG, Lesco hps and club Cadet.

Quick install vid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoPermaGreen/status/892724743786434560

hort101 likes this.
  8. lawn king

People love to bash the lesco hps. I have owned 4 of them since they debuted in 2004. They are my primary application machine for dry chemical apps on my cemetery accounts. I like the subuaru better than the kawasaki, the kawas would foul plugs & stall if you got caught in a rainstorm!

9. arl250

I was wondering about the engine, I have a couple of Subaru on a few items and so far really like them. I haven't yet but I'm planning on going ahead and getting one soon as I get time to go back by site one.

10. lawn king

I have 4.5 seasons on my hps, factory engine. I change the oil every 25 hours. I use mobil 1 in all my equipment except my diesels, rotella 15/40 in the Dmax and the kubotas.