Just finished up major lawn project about 5 weeks ago. Aside from spots I top-dressed, any remaining lawn that was left was dethatched and butched down to nothing. My entire property (1 acre) was dirt so to speak. After following watering tips from here (Runner) and hitting it 3 weeks later with starter, I have what I would consider to be one of the nicest lawns in town, if not the state. For the last 5 weeks, I have done nothing but pay attention to the lawn, watering, making sure everything comes in right, and I tell ya, it surely paid off. Now for the problem. For the sake of discussion, lets say 25% of the backyard is sun/shade. Lets say the other 75% is mostly sun. For the 75% portion of the yard, we used Lesco Metro, which Im sure most are familiar with. For the 25% in the back, we used a blend of 3 fescues. Not sure on the 3, but I can get that info off the card is needed. But, I know its 3 different fescues. Anyways, here it is 5 weeks later, and this area has nothing but seedlings. I mean, just about 1 inch of thinly grown grass. That is, if there is grass at all. The area is for the most part barren, and looks so thin and unhealthy so to speak.. It looks like if he used Metro in the back, my entire project would had been a knock down home run. As a matter of fact, you can see the darn line where he switched from this blend to the Metro. There is a defined line of grass/no grass. It is absolutley ridiculous. Its been on the same water schedule as the rest of the yard, and the rest came in flawlessly. If anybody needs pics, I can do that. But, what can I do? Any watering tips, or is this blend just taking longer. I just dont get it. What have I done wrong??? Any info would be a big help.