• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

lesco selling out

bigtex

LawnSite Member
I E-mailed Lesco A Few Weeks Ago About This, They Said There In Discussion To Sell To Jd But Its Not A Done Deal Till Maybe July. But Its Probably Gonna Happen.

wacaweed

LawnSite Member
I got a letter in the mail a few weeks ago from JD and Lesco stating that it had already happened and that everything should still stay the same for now until the changeover is complete.

wacaweed

LawnSite Member
oh and I have a z2 and it blows the JD away hands down:cool2:

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
It did happen It is a done deal. The transfer won't take place for awhile. Now, as far as the mower end of the deal,...the machines have very little to do with it. It is John Deere Landscapes, a division of JD that has purchased Lesco Inc. The mowers will basically begone from the stores altogether. They will still continue to carry much of the turf equipment lineup, such as aerators, slitseeders, and such, but the mowing end will essentially be gone.

Duekster

LawnSite Fanatic
The deal is highly likely but not final. No one knows what will happen at this point. Lesco may continue to operate as usual but you may find some cross marketing.

Even JDL does not carry John Deere Equipment because that is sold through franchise dealers.