lesco spreader deflector problem

JLB7301

LawnSite Member
i recently purchased the lesco spreader (40lb) and the optional deflector kit. Upon installation, the deflector is further away from the rotating spreader tray than expected, but I trusted the lesco product. Upon utilizing it for the first time, all of the weed killer/fertilizer hit the deflector and instead of staying on the rotating tray, it dropped down in concentrate on the property line and burned all of the grass. I compared it to the neighbors lesco 80lb spreader and the support rods holding the plastic deflector appear to be welded straight down instead of somewhat at an angle as you can see by the photo. The puzzling thing is that I called Rittenhouse and I was told by the manager that he wasn't a big fan of the deflector and to take it off and that I could just get used to the spreader pattern with practice. When I said that the deflector was over one hundred dollars and was way too expensive just to be discarded, I was told to send it back, but clean it up because he had to sell it as new. Although it's troubling that you would sell a product that you don't stand behind and it was very nice that he said he would refund my money, it doesn't fix my issue. I shouldn't have to get used to the spreader pattern. Is there anyone else having this issue? The manager actually directed me to this site to see if anyone else was having the same problem with his product. Thanks in advance for the help.
IMG_2253[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2251[1].JPG
    IMG_2251[1].JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2252[1].JPG
    IMG_2252[1].JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2250[1].JPG
    IMG_2250[1].JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2250[1].JPG
    IMG_2250[1].JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2251[1].JPG
    IMG_2251[1].JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2252[1].JPG
    IMG_2252[1].JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 26

jc1

LawnSite Silver Member
You could probably bend the bolts to get it closer.
You don’t need a deflector in reality just walk backwards along the edges. That’s what we do.

Breezmeister

LawnSite Gold Member
Did you close off the slide lever (# 2) ???

1627354578490.jpeg

Integrity-LC

LawnSite Member
Mounting bracket appears bent, Id have to go look at my 80 lb to confirm though. Either way I dont see why it wouldnt work still, I think the fact that you didnt close off the third hole might be the culprit here. Ive found my deflector works very well.

OP
J

JLB7301

LawnSite Member
Mounting bracket appears bent, Id have to go look at my 80 lb to confirm though. Either way I dont see why it wouldnt work still, I think the fact that you didnt close off the third hole might be the culprit here. Ive found my deflector works very well.
It isn't bent per se. It is just the way the two rods were welded onto the mounting piece. Considerable difference from the 80lb. I will look into closing off that hole and see if it makes a difference. I will let you know. Thanks for responding.

Top Forums