1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco tow aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 7, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lake, You can find Feldmann's website at http://www.turfvent.com. The only thing is, isthat they don't have much info on their aerator as their site is still under construction. If you call their toll free number though; 1 800 344 0712, they'll be happy to mail you their info on their aerators. I have the 48" I believe and it's a tow behind. I'm going to rig a hitch up so I can tow it behind my Lazer this year. I think it sold for around 400 bucks when I bought it. Good luck with it and let me know what you get! :)

2. Dean Williams

Dean Williams LawnSite Member
    from Pa,MD

i have a 36" ryan pull behind it weighs about 700 lbs.
    its self have not needes weight yet,it also has a hydraulic cylinder it hook to my jd 425 and use the tractor hyd. to
    lift and lower the machine ,talk about easy to operate,the hardest thing is to get on and off the tractor

3. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used my new Lesco for the first time today( other than a few laps around my own back yard). What a time saver. It has cut my time in half compared with a walk unit, and I am not tired from using it. I was not able to get super close to the edges of some beds because of the curves, but i pass around the edges with the walk unit took care of that.

I can't even imagine going back to only using a walk unit. It made areating a fun job that I enjoy rather than one I did not look foreward to.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I agree, it sure is a time saver. I did one today too and didn't even break a sweat. The hardest thing I have to do with my set up is turn that darn old steering wheel on the JD, sure glad it has power steering. :D

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Jaclawn,
    You said that you weren't able to get up close to your beds with your pull behind- I saw something in Home Depot the other day that's the ticket for that. It's a T handled two post deal that has a crossbar to step on, and two open ended hollow tubes at the bottom. Basically, a manual aerator. Perfect for "trimming" those tight spots on the aeration jobs. I made my own a few years ago, but the price is right on this one!