1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco walk behind spreader issues!

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by FLA. JEFF, Mar 11, 2020.

1. FLA. JEFF

FLA. JEFF LawnSite Member

Having issues with the arm that attaches to the control plate. the one end has a hole for a pin but the other end is ovalish and a little flattened. The hole on the plate is round. VERY FRUSTRATED! any help would be appreciated.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  3. RigglePLC

Long rod goes to the "bell crank".
    Short rod connects the bell crank to the sliding shutoff plate.

4. OP
    OP
    FLA. JEFF

Thx everyone for the responses. To be clear, I'm talking about the short 4" rod that connects to the plate underneath that is ovalish in shape and slightly flattened the plate hole is round. The other end connects to the lever release rod via kotter pin and is round. It's been years since I had take this section apart. Oval shaped connecting rod into round hole in plate. There has to be a trick that I'm forgetting. I'm on the job right now but I'll send a pic later for reference. Thx guys.

5. OP
    OP
    FLA. JEFF

Yes I understand that, the issue is how do you fit the oblong end into the round hole in the slide plate. 1583968005362661214502687196568.jpg

6. RigglePLC

Not sure. Sold my Scottts spreader long ago. Have not used a Lesco in years.
    Just trying to help, Jeff.

However, I suspect: you slide the round end into the bell crank round hole from the left, and pull it all the way through as far as it will go. Twist as needed. The flattened oval part acts as a stop and retainer, so no pin or cotter is needed. Now the other end goes into the shut-off plate. Add a washer and cotter pin underneath to retain it under the shut-off plate. Add dry silicone lubricant.
    Just guessing.
    If this does not work--start from the right side of the bell crank triangle.

Add a bit of lubrication or grease to all moving parts, axle bearings and gears. Wax the inside of the hopper for better fert flow. Probably does not do much good to wax the impeller because the friction would scour it off quickly--but why not?

Optional--add cushy rubber moto-cross hand-grips.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020