Lesco Z Riding< Mass. ???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjones1, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. rjones1

    rjones1 LawnSite Member
    from 01775
    Messages: 4

    Commercial will Lesco stand up?
  2. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,087

    If you are asking if Lesco equipment will stand up to commercial service...

    The answer is YES, ABSOLUTELY!

    I have a 2005 Ztwo that will return in 2007 to start it's 3rd season...
    And it will still be a FRONT-LINE machine.

    It's the first ZTR I have owned that I can say that about.
  3. mag360

    mag360 LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,445

    How many hours on yours now Envy?
    One of our dealers picked up the Cub line but keeps pushing their Ferris machines. I think we'll give them a test run this year but don't want to turn over the whole fleet unless I'm pretty confident they'll go 1000-1500 hours before they get "tired"
  4. Uranus

    Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass
    Messages: 1,624

    Yep! you'll do just fine with lesco mowers. Good equipment plus one stop shopping.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

    Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,087

    Add just one and give it some time.
    I never do a cold turkey changeover either.
    I always introduce something new and phase out the lower performing pieces.

    Hours... I'm thinking 1600 and change (?)

    In that time the machine has been down one working day... that's all. And that's only because I wasn't willing to drive 80 miles back to where I got it to grab the part.

    There is one moving part on the mower that I know of that doesn't have a grease fitting... and the sealed bearing failed. I smelled a burning smell when I spun the mower around to make the last pass on the last lawn of the day. The smell turned out to be from a sized tension idler pulley. The one that holds tension on the PTO-to-Deck belt.

    Took it off in a couple minutes that evening. Called OHIO for the part at 8 the next morning... had it the next morning before I left. Couple minutes to put it and a new belt on and I was back in business.

Share This Page