1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco ZTR Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Jul 2, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

A buddy of mine has a Lesco ZTR he wants to get rid of (they don't have a use for it anymore)

Here are the specs.:

48" Deck
    17hp Kawi
    700 Hours

The machine is currently not running, it needs a new battery, a new back tire, a full tune up, and possibly a new fuel pump (they said the mower was spitting out gas last year, they are not for sure it is the fuel pump, but I am going to price one tomorrow).

He's asking $2k as is, which I know is pricey!

Basically what i want to do is buy, fix, sell.

What could I ask for this mower fixed up? I was thinking in the range of $27-3300.

Thoughts appreciated!

Thanks!

-Mitch-

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Offer him 1 thousand and see what he says. Those are not that expensive of parts as far as I know. Probably about 500 in parts. The other thing is 17 is alittle small for a 48 if you want to run a bagger or are planing on using it on hills.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Yo are not gonn makemuch in profit as the season is half over and drying out I would not do it right now as Metro said a little under powered also