1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

LESCO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLM1, Mar 30, 2000.

1. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

ATTENTION! ALL! ATTENTION! ALL!<br>READ THE PESTICIDE FORUM!<br>TAKE ACTION TODAY!<br>MAKE PHONE CALLS!<br>BOYCOTT LESCO!<br>

2. Get a life CLM1. <p>

3. OP
    OP
    CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

I have a life Mr. Stone and so does everyone else here. However, one of our biggest and &quot;best&quot; suppliers is slowly cutting our throats!<br>Think about it!<br>I'm not trying to be a smart @%$ or anything, but does this not bother anyone else here? If not, Why? Please explain.<br>Thanks.

4. sue

sue LawnSite Member

i have no idea what lesco is. but i do shop home depot does that help.

5. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

what pesticide forum are you referring to? Unless I see what you are referring to I'll have to agree with Larry.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

what do you have against lesco? they have great products at very reasonable prices! the guys there are a huge help and are very acomadating... so whats you problem?

7. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

In response to the fact that home depot now sells lesco mowers:<p>I have the september issue of landscape mgmt. sitting in front of me, and on the back cover is a lesco add. <p>The slogan goes <p>&quot;A good business relationship begins with quality products&quot;<p>then there is a picture of a lesco salesman standing at his desk and a contractor on the other side, and they are both reading a brochure together.<p>underneath that it says;<br>&quot;But a GREAT business relationship includes outstanding service, convenience and value!&quot;<p>I guess for the next add they'll run, they'll use the same sayings, but instead the picture will be this.<p>A picture of a 45 year old man, dressed in jean shorts, a hawaiian shirt, black socks pulled all the way up, with black penny loafers, holding a bent mower blade, waiting in a line of about 30 people trying to get to the service counter at home depot with a 17 year old high schooler behind the counter in a orange apron who has a dumb look on his face. <p>I could really care less what lesco does, but the whole thing is funny to me.<p><br>

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

the home depot near you now sells commercial mowers? disaster!

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

...meanwhile...when I was down at my local LESCO dealer this afternoon, there were whispers, and comical denials that there was anything going on. excuse me, I gotta go check out the 2x4's at home depot!<p>GEO!

10. Cannonturf

Cannonturf LawnSite Member

Well it does bother me a bit. As lawn care providers we are usally are called on because of the quality of chemicals we use.And usally able to get better chem's then most people. I believe if Lesco sells it's products at retail stores it takes something away from us. If i was a home owner and had hired a company to fert and they were putting down Scott's turf builder I would feel ripped off. Why would I be paying these guy's for something I can run to the hardware store and get myself.<br>People pay us for the higher quality.<br>That's my 2 cents