1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Lesco's -- Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Mowman, Jun 13, 2000.

1. The Mowman

The Mowman LawnSite Member

I work for a guy that runs two 48" Lesco hydros. Just wanted to know what you thought about them. Thanks

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I've run a 48 lesco belt for over four years now. it was well used when I bought it. for me, if it didn't crank in the morning, I'd still swear by it!<p>this doesn't answer your question about lesco hydros but I've looked at them.<p>the 48/52 17/19 horse hydro floater for $3499/$3699 looks like a viable option to me. but you are gonna have to get past the MTD clone comments. I'd check out my lesco dealers service department before I buy.<p>but, when I buy, I'm gonna' look all of the local dealers brands.<p>good luck.<p>GEO

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Geo's definetly right on this one! You have to look at the dealer too, no matter what brand your buying. I know the Lesco servie center in Wtby, CT gurantees zero downtime on any lesco equipment that they are servicing. (wich means they'll loan you a piece while they have yours) That would be a good time to test a ZTR out if you don't have one!! <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

thanks for that info, Guido!<p>I really appreciate my lesco mower but, I'm not so sure the dealer here will provide top notch &quot;after the sale&quot; support.<p>I probably shouldn't even bring it up because I didn't buy new from them so I can't say for sure. Idunno. this one bugs me!<p>GEO