1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Let's play the bidding game!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 20, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Let's compare bids! Have some fun! I'm taking closed bids for a lawn, mowing area is around 5500 SF, full service. Mow, edge, trim, blow each week. Fertilize, winterize, apply crabgrass pre-emergent, weed&feed, soil test, and Iron. <p>I'm looking for 2 bids, 1 for basic service (mow, edge, trim, blow), the other for the added services. Please email me your bids at: bids@kirbycuttin.com. Please don't post you bids here, e-mail them.<p>I will post the bids next week, please don't bid unless you want it published on this thread.<p>Here's the lawn front:<br>[​IMG]<p>And the rear:<br>[​IMG]<p>Please everyone respond, I'm doing this for educational and comparison purposes.<p>Ray<p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: KirbysLawn<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

2. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

how many cuts per year ,bagged or mulched,leave removal,bed edging ,mulching, tou said full service dethatching aeration?

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Where is this at? Im surprised at such small lots with such big McMansions. BTW what is the total lot size ? How big are the side yards? <p>Bill

4. KirbysLawn

Yep, these lawn are smaller than mine and I live in a much smaller home. Just the items listed. Mulch the grass, mowed 34 times a year, beds edged, no leaf removal. Other services like dethatch and aeration are extra, not in the bid.<p>This is located near my home in Matthews, NC. Total lot size maybe 10000 sf, large natural area not pictured. For simplicity, no other accounts within 4-5 miles.<p>Thanks,<p>Ray<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

5. stick

stick LawnSite Member

Sorry kriby e-mail not working,would of replied that way too.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: stick

6. KirbysLawn

Yankee grass? That's good, it's Tall Fescue. If you can please email me your bids so they stay private! I want nothing to influence the bids. Stick, if you could would you please remove the amount of your bid? Thanks!

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

thelawnguy, if you look in the background you will see that these McMansions are on a golf course. It is not unusual to put houses on lots of this size in a golf course community. I would hazard a guess of $350 to $400k for these houses. We have a brand new golf course community here and the houses are on slightly larger lots than these. It costs $500k just for the starter home.

8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

$350,000....for that house. Your profile does't have your location, but I know your not from NJ. Most likely $500,000+ on that plot

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Ah, I see in the second photo what appears to be a golf ball in the yard. What kind of screens on the windows ;) Are you, as the LCO responsible for damage when the mower launches a Titleist at 80mph towards the neighbors patio door or do you blame it on the Rush Limbaugh/Fuzzy Zoeller twosome?<p>Personally I wouldnt bid on a solo job where the next account is 6 miles away. My whole 60 account route is within a 6 mile diameter circle.<p>Bill

10. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Kirby, Ive sent my quote in.I hope it doesn't<br>create too much confusion.Converting imperial<br>measurements to metric is a pain.<p>Karl<br>