Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
It just occurred to me that I should have said the water feature construction was by someone else. I only did the lighting. No, not from behind. The lights are directed at the water from three different levels. They are sealed lights because they get splashed pretty good.

Reactions: RussellB

·
Registered
2005 F350 powerstroke Toolside
4,372 Posts
I did 3 first time pond features at one address this spring, had to replace all three pumps, tubing, 1 was simple, the other 2 were more involved.
Meaning I had to suck all the sludge out.
1 of em I did something a little different and made a copper tube to support the fountain head & the client was happy with it, ill include pics.
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Land lot
Plant Botany Water Bedrock Tree
Water Plant Tree Bedrock Watercourse

·
Registered
2005 F350 powerstroke Toolside
4,372 Posts
Plant Road surface Bedrock Watercourse Grass

Plant Water Tree Automotive tire Grass
figured I better put my before & after in before I mess up & get multiples mixed up.
Anyway, another pond renovation, sold on biweekly Pond Maintenance as well, so thatl be nice. I dont know what pond/fountain guys charge for a maintenance visit I just said 75 a service visit, that may be low, im not sure, had to come up with something. I figure at the worst if I gotta siphon some gunk & clean a filter, fishnet some debri out or pick a few weeds around the rocks, that can be done well under an hour.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A very small water feature indeed; we initally planned for a large granite fall in the middle, then changed our mind and decided to have a semicircle built at the same time the masons were here building retention walls for wall beds you see against the house. There is so much lighting and separate controls for everything. This pic was from a day we had a fall party last year.
Plant Window Door Building Flowerpot

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Some nice stuff in this thread, I can't offer much, but someone came into the office today and said they saw my kid peeing in my yard 2 days ago as she drove past. I asked if he was at least by a tree. Nope, right out in the open and we have a fairly open 2 acre lot next to a pretty busy road. So I have temporary water features at my house I guess.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts