Let's see some trailer setups.

Mr Stripe

LawnSite Platinum Member
Brad, I love your trailer, very clean set-up. Let me ask not just you a question, but everyone who owns a stander......I have been a long time Z user, and now I am back to using walk behinds as part of my own business. Standers look cool and I am sure they mow great and are great for tight spots, but wouldn't you rather sit all day than stand? I am going to have to buy a new mower next year, and alot of people up here are moving to standers. The old company I worked for had one walk behind and 5 ferris Z's.....all with dump baggers. They worked great for clean-up season cause we could vac everything up and dump it curbside to vac up with the loader......
I guess im rambling now, just wondering if a stander is right for me
I can't stand the up and down and up and down that ya gotta do on a ztr, kills my back, pull up to a gate and ya gotta drag yourself up and off of it, come up to a stick or a piece of trash or a rock and ya gotta climb up and off of it. Standers ya just step off of it, that's why I like em personally. I went from all WB's to Standers.

Mr Stripe

LawnSite Platinum Member
this could literally be the biggest load of hogwash i've seen on the site to date. "losing money using that car" Give me a fricking break. GEt over yourself. You don't have to use a truck to get business and do a good job. It's all about the quality of work, not all customers want to see a big shiny truck rolling up to their drive, unbelieveable. Some of the biggest accounts in my area pull up with the worst looking rigs you will see, because they work for a living! Do what works best, if you can keep costs down, i dont' blame you. I still ocassionally pull with a 4 banger honda CRV that's old and beat up, because it gets 20mpg vs about 8 with my other rig.

On a jolly note, it is refreshing to see that majority can appreciate the small car pulling and the not beautiful setup, as one person mentioned there are different services based on the needs. I personally only do 14 lawns, and I do not charge 20 bucks regardless of pulling with a 4 banger or at ruck. My lawns range from $40 minimum to $160 on the top, so there's no 20 buck lawns for me and just becaues your setup includes a car and one mower and some handhelds, doesn't mean youre 20 bucks a lawn either. A small setup can do the same quality work as a fancy looking setup, they dont' have to break down their profits so much either so they might take a little longer with the equipment they have, but they'll take in more profit.
Amen brother. I wish I had a few picks of my old worn out trailers. I used to use the bed of my s10 to haul around a 36" scag wb. Lol

River

LawnSite Silver Member
I like the concept of not having to pick up the can, even a 2.5 can seems heavy at the end of the day. Just pick up a hose and pump it in, cool! How much does it hold?
They sell gas tanks that go in the bed online. Best thing i ever did. With the time you will save at the gas station at 7 am you will be able to squeeze in a few extra yards a week to make up for the cost of the in bed gas tank.

at the end of the day i am beat up too and putting 12 gallons of fuel in my mower is not too fun when you've worked 12 hours straight.

I could only imagine how much fuel my dad uses. He's a farmer and right now since its harvest season those harvesters drink fuel probably a thousand bucks a day in fuel.
His new combine is a big ole New Holland with 650hp and it runs a 45 foot wheat head and either a 16 or 20 row cornhead I forgot

Last edited:

Trimstar

LawnSite Member
I like the concept of not having to pick up the can, even a 2.5 can seems heavy at the end of the day. Just pick up a hose and pump it in, cool! How much does it hold?
6 gallons
It's handy mine sets behind the gooseneck the hose will reach all four corners of my 9ft chassis flatbed. Thinking adding a Y fitting to run 2 lines so each side has its own

Trimstar

LawnSite Member
They sell gas tanks that go in the bed online. Best thing i ever did. With the time you will save at the gas station at 7 am you will be able to squeeze in a few extra yards a week to make up for the cost of the in bed gas tank.
Who has room for a big fuel tank .
Never need fuel for mowers in a day and I mow from day light to dark