Lawn Care Forum banner

Let's see some trailer setups.

252K views 161 replies 76 participants last post by  Matt Nelson 
#1 ·
Just thought it would be fun to get a thread together where everyone can show their trailers, whether they are open or enclosed. :)

#7 ·
Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.

#8 ·
Brad,
I've noticed in this thread an others that you're a solo guy. The Quick trak is new yeah? My question is, being solo, how do you benefit from a rider and a stand-on? I ask because I'm solo, i currently only have a z and a 21'' walk behind. I run a nice Kubota Ztr. Anyhow, I'm in the market to add either a new walkbehind or I would love to have a stander. How has the stander helped you vs a walkbehind? Thanks Man.
I was really wanting to have a back-up mower and a mower that I could use on smaller properties. I don't work a whole lot being solo and only doing this part-time outside of classes and working as a fire fighter. For the past several years I was only running a ztr and a 21" mower, so if my previous mower had broken down, I was down until I could get my mower fixed (my old dealer didn't have loaners at all). I don't have time to have my mower down for repairs when I really neeed to get my accounts done.

I've been planning on purchasing another new mower since last fall (I knew it would be another Deere). I was debating between a 36" or 48" hydro walkbehind and a 48" stander. I knew I wanted a mower that could be used on smaller properties, hills and also be fairly productive on my larger accounts should my ztr be out of service for any reason. I quickly ruled out a 36" walkbehind for the fact that it wouldn't be as productive on my larger accounts, so it was between a 48" walkbehind and a 48" stander. I was more familiar with standers than walkbehinds and I really liked the stander concept better. Pricewise, the stander was just a few hundred dollars more than a comparable walkbehind, so price wasn't a deciding factor. Really what sold me was the productivity, manuverability and comfort that a stander offers, plus the Deere has the 7ironPRO deck which I love. I don't regret my decision to purchase the stander, I have loved every minute I have spent on that machine. I can do pretty much everything a walkbehind can and still be quicker on larger lawns...plus it takes up about the same space on the trailer.

#9 ·
Here's a quick shot of my rig. Everything is set up for speed and safety. All the mowers have Prolockers on the wheels. I have modified the racks for the blowers to better support them. There is a 2.5 gallon mix can in a wall mounted box just out of the picture for quick refills. The metal box in the front holds another 10 gallons of gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. All other string trimmer racks are junk compared to the Extreme Series.

All the walls, ramp, and floors have an extra layer of 1/2" plywood I added. The crappy skylights have been replaced with RV units that have a lifetime warranty. I've built different hedge trimmer racks since this picture was taken. There is an 8' and 3' ladder in the ceiling rack I built.

This is the first enclosed trailer I've ever owned but it looks better then any competitors trailers I've ever seen on the road.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

#11 ·
Brad, I love your trailer, very clean set-up. Let me ask not just you a question, but everyone who owns a stander......I have been a long time Z user, and now I am back to using walk behinds as part of my own business. Standers look cool and I am sure they mow great and are great for tight spots, but wouldn't you rather sit all day than stand? I am going to have to buy a new mower next year, and alot of people up here are moving to standers. The old company I worked for had one walk behind and 5 ferris Z's.....all with dump baggers. They worked great for clean-up season cause we could vac everything up and dump it curbside to vac up with the loader......
I guess im rambling now, just wondering if a stander is right for me

#131 ·
I can't stand the up and down and up and down that ya gotta do on a ztr, kills my back, pull up to a gate and ya gotta drag yourself up and off of it, come up to a stick or a piece of trash or a rock and ya gotta climb up and off of it. Standers ya just step off of it, that's why I like em personally. I went from all WB's to Standers.

#12 ·
Brad, I love your trailer, very clean set-up. Let me ask not just you a question, but everyone who owns a stander......I have been a long time Z user, and now I am back to using walk behinds as part of my own business. Standers look cool and I am sure they mow great and are great for tight spots, but wouldn't you rather sit all day than stand? I am going to have to buy a new mower next year, and alot of people up here are moving to standers. The old company I worked for had one walk behind and 5 ferris Z's.....all with dump baggers. They worked great for clean-up season cause we could vac everything up and dump it curbside to vac up with the loader......
I have so many accounts that require/want me to bag, so my ztr gets used the most since it has the nice bagging system on it. I have a side bagger for my stander which works well but when there is just no substitute for a nice powerflow bagger.

Whether a stander is right for you is up to you. Personally, I find that standing is quite comfortable even when using it all day. Getting on and off to move debris is extremely quick. Now if you mow large lots (1/2 acre and larger) you will probably want to get a ztr, for most residential lots a stander works awesomely. After I demoed my first stander 2 years ago, I fell in love with the stander concept. But I still needed a ztr for bagging and leaf season. I would highly suggest getting a demo of a stander to see for yourself.

Brad, very nice setup but what do you do about blowers and trimmers just use the back of the truck? I am only guessing but grass clipping how are they to off load from the front of the trailer?
Blowers and trimmers go in the back of the truck for now. One day I'll get racks and put them on the trailer, but for now the back of the truck works perfectly.

The trailer does have a 54" side gate on the curb side in the front, so unloading leaves/ grass is quite easy. For most of the mowing season, I just have a tarp on the floor of the trailer and empty my mower a few times a day on to the tarp, then at the end of the day I can just drag the tarp right off the trailer and be done with it. But in the fall when I have a trailer full of leaves, I drop all the gates and start blowing with the leaf blower. The longest I have ever taken to unload a full trailer of leaves was about 30 minutes (by myself).

#13 ·
Brad has pretty much hit all the points very well on this subject. I only run standers, a 52" Everride Scorpion and a 34" Everride Scorpion FX. I demoed a 52" Lazer HP before I bought the 52" Scorpion, I could hardly use it on most of my residential lawns because it was bulky. The 52" Scorpion can be used on every single lawn that I mow if necessary.
When I first brought home the Scorpion to demo, my dad just looked at it and said, "with my back back, no way we're buying that." I threw him on it and let him cut for half a day with it, and his back and legs felt great. We upgraded from a Dixon with the most expensive suspension seat we could buy for it, and he loved the Scorpion 100x more. Easy to handle, control, load on a trailer, work on, etc.

#14 ·
Here's a quick shot of my rig. Everything is set up for speed and safety. All the mowers have Prolockers on the wheels. I have modified the racks for the blowers to better support them. There is a 2.5 gallon mix can in a wall mounted box just out of the picture for quick refills. The metal box in the front holds another 10 gallons of gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. All other string trimmer racks are junk compared to the Extreme Series.

All the walls, ramp, and floors have an extra layer of 1/2" plywood I added. The crappy skylights have been replaced with RV units that have a lifetime warranty. I've built different hedge trimmer racks since this picture was taken. There is an 8' and 3' ladder in the ceiling rack I built.

This is the first enclosed trailer I've ever owned but it looks better then any competitors trailers I've ever seen on the road.
That is some impressive lettering you have there. Good work.

#23 ·
So I'm am semi-solo...I have someone help some days, I do it part time, and yes that is a car pulling the trailer. The truck just gets too few MPG and the car can pull the weight with no problem, it is about 1000lbs under the capacity.
lol............

#24 ·
So I'm am semi-solo...I have someone help some days, I do it part time, and yes that is a car pulling the trailer. The truck just gets too few MPG and the car can pull the weight with no problem, it is about 1000lbs under the capacity.
Roflmao!
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.