Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3022 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Now this is my kind of tread! Subscribed

JR, a motion is made to rename the thread to the Grappeneing :)

BTW guys that is some legit work, keep it up!

For my Michigan friends soon enough. This season the equipment will be in the best shape ever!....Lot's and lots of maintenance.

BR,

~TW

Reactions: Cam15

·
Registered
6 Posts
Going to start cutting grass part time for extra money and had never heard of striping until I ran across this site. I have a question or two.

Is there any benefit to striping or is it purely cosmetic? Do customers actually ask for striping. I've always thought that a nicely groomed lawn without showing that someone had just cut it would be the thing people were after.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Going to start cutting grass part time for extra money and had never heard of striping until I ran across this site. I have a question or two.

Is there any benefit to striping or is it purely cosmetic? Do customers actually ask for striping. I've always thought that a nicely groomed lawn without showing that someone had just cut it would be the thing people were after.
I could be wrong (please chime in if I am), I'm pretty sure that there quite a few customers that like stripes....But there are more guys cutting lawns, who absolutely love stripes.

Welcome to the board,

BR,

~TW

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Idk my bobcats make them as long as you have sharp blades. I never heard of stripe kits before either. I always thought nice stripes were the result of a good cutting machine & the operator following a straight line. Guy I worked for before insisted on never changing the pattern, which looked good, but most agree isn't good for the lawn.

1 - 20 of 3022 Posts