Lawn Care Forum banner
2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts

·
Registered
18,152 Posts
Big fan of curves for “resetting” a lawn. These are just opposing arches. View attachment 513901

Have yet to take a stab at zig zags. Lately I have been working on combinations- like diagonals terminating to straights or straights to swoops (got that idea on this thread and LOVE IT)
Can't remember if I posted this pic already or not. First attempt at zig zags
Plant Tree Rectangle Slope Natural landscape

·
Registered
803 Posts
The Zig-Zags look awesome! I just don't care to put that much effort into it...LOL! I mow because I find it very relaxing and soothing...too much turning for me!! LOL!!

·
Registered
2005 F350 powerstroke Toolside
4,372 Posts
Big fan of curves for “resetting” a lawn. These are just opposing arches. View attachment 513901

Have yet to take a stab at zig zags. Lately I have been working on combinations- like diagonals terminating to straights or straights to swoops (got that idea on this thread and LOVE IT)
Yeah man that's tight,, I kinda gotta do this in order to keep interested 😆 if I cant make a game out of it I'm bored stiff

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Yeah man that's tight,, I kinda gotta do this in order to keep interested 😆 if I cant make a game out of it I'm bored stiff
Dude same. Same. I’ve been looking at mlb fields this spring trying to get some new ideas. Single doubles is also one I’ve been holding out on.

@Crazy 4 grass for the zigzags- is it just a matter of “square skipping” over to the next stripe or is it like back and forth? For the life of me cannot figure that one out and each time I think about it I think I over think it and just leave the idea alone. I KNOW my clients would love them.

@Mr Stripe I like the longer zigs like in your photo- like dead bolts

·
Registered
18,152 Posts
Dude same. Same. I’ve been looking at mlb fields this spring trying to get some new ideas. Single doubles is also one I’ve been holding out on.

@Crazy 4 grass for the zigzags- is it just a matter of “square skipping” over to the next stripe or is it like back and forth? For the life of me cannot figure that one out and each time I think about it I think I over think it and just leave the idea alone. I KNOW my clients would love them.

@Mr Stripe I like the longer zigs like in your photo- like dead bolts
Here is the pattern I started with. (Diamonds with long direction and one diagonal). Having this pattern to start, helped a ton!

For the zig zags i went up three diamonds, over three diamonds, up three over three repeat.
Cloud Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Here is the pattern I started with. (Diamonds with long direction and one diagonal). Having this pattern to start, helped a ton!

For the zig zags i went up three diamonds, over three diamonds, up three over three repeat. View attachment 513971
I’m pretty sure I have at least one lawn with a diagonal from last week. I’ll give it a go this week and report back! Im not sure how the walker rear tire will “trace” so forgive me if I don’t post a photo lol
😂 I can see it being a potential problem. I am going to reset the hyrdos on my h tomorrow afternoon and maybe that will help “tighten” up my straight lines with that unit- there’s split wheels there. Right now it likes to dip and dive with the slightest of hills and I finally narrowed it down the the forward/neutral/reverse adjustments.

·
Registered
18,152 Posts
I’m pretty sure I have at least one lawn with a diagonal from last week. I’ll give it a go this week and report back! Im not sure how the walker rear tire will “trace” so forgive me if I don’t post a photo lol
😂 I can see it being a potential problem. I am going to reset the hyrdos on my h tomorrow afternoon and maybe that will help “tighten” up my straight lines with that unit- there’s split wheels there. Right now it likes to dip and dive with the slightest of hills and I finally narrowed it down the the forward/neutral/reverse adjustments.
Definitely post a pic. I won't judge you too harshly. Good luck and have fun with it.

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts