Lawn Care Forum banner
2981 - 3000 of 3002 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
This one is coming along after irrigation got turned on late. 48 Turf Tracer S double cut at 4 inches. View attachment 514273
I’ve never had so many irrigation on requests this year. Passed on a compressor last summer (since I have next to zero experience with any higher pressure water systems) but now seeing it as a worthwhile endeavor. I have several lawns that are simply late to game and won’t look great again for a good bit due to the new growth not making it into summer.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I thought about getting a proslide for my Metro, but that damn gear bar seems like it would be in the way.
Maybe a little rough on the transmission too. It's a harder pull for the mower than a wheeled sulky is. Hydro is generally recommended, not that some with gear drives don't use them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Absolutely loved it.(y)(y) Up here in the PNW, I'm only up to less than 25% of your skill level. I've been playing around with my JD X758 and its striping kit but have not been able to get those super sharp edges as yours: I have to play around with mowing height and cut directions for maximum impact. Grass is mixture of tall fescue and kbg; it may take me another year or so to make it KBG predominant.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Absolutely loved it.(y)(y) Up here in the PNW, I'm only up to less than 25% of your skill level. I've been playing around with my JD X758 and its striping kit but have not been able to get those super sharp edges as yours: I have to play around with mowing height and cut directions for maximum impact. Grass is mixture of tall fescue and kbg; it may take me another year or so to make it KBG predominant.
What striping kit are you using?

·
Registered
98 Posts
What striping kit are you using?
John Deere BUC10610. Not wanting to remove and reuse rear wheel yokes/wheels from the new deck for the striping kit, I separately ordered a couple of yokes AM148156 to use with the striping kit. With my drive over quick connect 54" HC deck, it is easy to remove the striping kit if I ever need to.
Plant Sky Natural landscape Leaf Natural environment

2981 - 3000 of 3002 Posts