1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Letter to customers about thatching and overseeding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Jul 16, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys have a letter that you send out to your customers as a reminder that you offer over-seeding and de-thatching services. I have been trying to write one for the last week, but I seem to have some serious writers cramp. I am usually good at writing but I am hurting this week. If anyone has a letter I can get some ideas of please let me know. thanks<p>joe

2. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Ok Joe, <br>Just try sending out a simple reminder in your monthly billing like: Time to start thinking about areation,overseeding and fertilization for the Fall if you are interested please return this flyer w/ name and number and best time to call or call me ...-.... at your convience: <br> I hope that helps you

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Photo copy a brochue on the benifits of aeration. Ryan has a nice one out. Put that in your monthly billings along with your letter.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Bob, a simple note in an invoice usually does little to attract interest. But if you tell a customer that they need this service either in person, phone, or an informative brochure they will be much more likely to seriously consider it. I am considering purchasing some professional fertilization and aeration brochures just for a more professional approach to selling these services.

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

I PUT A NOTICE IN THE INVOICE,WAIT 7 DAYS THEN I CALL THEM UP IT TAKES TIME BUT I GET GOOD RESULTS. I HAVE ALL THE INFO INFRONT OF ME (SQ. FEET, SPOTS THAT NEED SEEDING ,ECT...) HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER WHEN CALLING.<br>THEY HATE TO SAY NO ON THE PHONE.... TRY 10 AND SEE THE RESULTS.<br>ANTHONY GRELLI N.J.