• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

level of education....how much$$$?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
i saw the thread "level of education", now i'm curious about how much money did it cost you? i have no clue what education costs, for obvious reasons. can u tell me?

grassyfras

LawnSite Bronze Member
my brother is paying almost 20 grand a year. Ill be paying around 3-4 at the local community college next year. My hs diploma is costing me a whopping +25 grand.

DJL

LawnSite Member
The cost to me for a BS in engineering for an in-state school ran me ~4k per semester. Took me 5 years. I was lucky though, I had parents who were able to support me a little. They paid for one semester and I paid for another. No, I'm not ashamed to admit that, I'm proud because I'm appreciative for parents who actually care about there kids.

So cost to me was about 20k, total cost was 40k. However, I didn't have to take out any student loans because of the parents help and me working all through college. Another point, I didn't dorm there, that would have doubled the cost...didn't feel like taking loans out for sharing a roommate, eating mess hall food, and sharing a bathroom with a whole floor of guys.

I graduated in late 90's and market was good. Got a job lined up and started working 3 weeks after graduation. Nice signing bonus and salary was more than what the total college cost was.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've managed to wrap up about $52k thus far. Finishing up my seventh year now. Not done yet and won't be till tha fat lady sangs!

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
You must also keep in mind the "Opportunity Cost" involved. If I didn't go to college, how much would I have made during those 4 or 5 years??
Dont even get me started on that issue. If i would have put the $12g's i spend on tuition each year towards advertising, Lord only knows where id be.

hole in one lco

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well its costing me so far 120,000.0 thats not counting books. But she will have a masters hopefully she will go for her doc so she cane pay me back.