1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Liability going up.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 12, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, so I am mowing a commerical account today when I look across the street another LCO is mowing a commerical account as well and doing a strip(approx 7 feet wide) of grass along a curb. Well, when I mow commerical accounts I always stick the bagger on the mower because of liability reasons. I don't want to hit anyone or damage any vehicles.

This guy was running his exmark without a bagger just spraying the cars with dust, grass, and who knows what else. I just stood there and watched, I couldn't believe it. :dizzy:

Thought I would share :drinkup:

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you're going to do nothing else at least blow it into the street. I do my commercials before the businesses open so it's not an issue for me.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is utterly amazing seeing how many people operate like this, and just how stupid it is (not you, Richard, I mean the guy blasting it right out and into cars and theur paths). I see stuff like this all the time - either out into traffic, or toward a parking lot with traffic. I'll tell you what, anyone blows stuff on MY truck as I'm driving by, you can rest ASSURED that I'll be stopping.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have had grass and other debris blown all over my non-work truck before due to sloppy work. I greatly enjoyed the conversation I had with the owner of the company. That is not just dangerous doing this but also asking for a major issue.

Gravely_Man

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Like it has been said a million times. You don't have to be a genius to get into this line of work.

And for a very difficult job, you get lots of LAZY SOB's doing it.

Might want to mark it down as a place to solicit for business.