1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by siyaltrduc, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. siyaltrduc

    siyaltrduc LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh
    Messages: 39

    Do you need a ornamental herbacide license to hydroseed/hydromulch? Is this a very popular form of seeding? I hear that the results are generally good at a fraction of the cost of sod. Is there a market for this type of seeding?
  2. mdvaden

    mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,944

    Where are you at?

    In Oregon, you would need a landscape contractors license.

    There is a market here.
  3. Mike33

    Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,649

    It depends on your type of work and state regulations. Im in Md. and i hydro-seed. i carry a HMIC ( Md. home improvement commision ) It is recquired to have to do any type of work unless it is commercial or new construction home which is a easier and cheaper licence. It is not in the pest. or chemical side of licence like guys treating lawns. Basicly your just seeding a lawn in a different way. I hydro-seed for many reasons: faster more efficient, elimanated straw. As far as price i get 7 cents a sq '. I dont know what sod goes for because i dont do it. You can see my application on my web site. www.bobcatservice33.com

Share This Page