1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JDWalkbehind, May 26, 2007.

  1. JDWalkbehind

    JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member
    Messages: 224

    just starting to get licensed and i was woundering what all licenses i need to have and what permit's i have to have? Been trying to figure it out but i want to make sure i have everything right. Don't want to forget anything. Also where to go to get everything i heard you can get most of it on the internet. I would rather go somewhere and talk inperson. Any help would be great thanks!!

  2. JDWalkbehind

    JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member
    Messages: 224

    any help would be great. thanks
  3. evergreenedmond

    evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 310

    I'm not sure about your area, around here all we need is a commercial turf & ornamental license for weed control/fertilization & exterior insecticide & fungicide. Also when we install sprinklers we have to have a licensed plumber handle the tie ins to the main line. You need to talk to someone at your local ag office to find out exactly what you need, they are usually pretty helpful. Good luck
  4. Bill S

    Bill S LawnSite Member
    Messages: 184

    Different states have different licensing requirements. Good luck with the business.
  5. JDWalkbehind

    JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member
    Messages: 224

    Thanks for the help. i'll have to check to see if we have an ag center. might be in the court house thanks again. Any other advice would be apperciated. thanks


Share This Page