1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

License??????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Maddbkbskillz, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Maddbkbskillz

Maddbkbskillz LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Can anyone tell me how much it costs on average for a license, insurance and registration of a lawn service. I need it for a school project. Thank you.

2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

It varies. Here are my costs
    License (business license & Trade name registration)-$35.00
    Landscape COntractors License-$103.50
    Insurance-$1300/year ($300,000 general liability)
    Bond-$315 ($6,000 bond)

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

It all depends on were you live. Call your county clerks office and ask them what steps you would need to take to open a lawn care service. Does your project speculate weather you work out of home or do you have to rent a place.

First year basic lawn care insurance in my area is around $400 for 1 million per incident and 2 million max. This is the price for first year. After that it is based off of gross income of company.

Here you don't need a license unless you are going to do chemical applications such as fertilize and weed control. The license for that is $35 a year.

To register your name is $10 here, but then it is like $60 to run an add in the legal section of the local paper. This is a mandatory act that has to be fulfilled before your name can be used.