Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Garipoli, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. Garipoli

    Garipoli LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    What does it mean to be licensed? Is this a requirement for Landscapers/Lawn Care Specialists? Generally if I have a 1 mil/2mil insurance policy should I get bonded? Especially if I do commercial work?

    I have gotten a lot of mixed information on the web. And my accountant/advisor is a moron!
  2. 1wezil

    1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn
    Messages: 532

    what you are hearing about being licensed is to have a business license and if you apply any kind of chemicals you will need one too. with that kind of insurance you should not need to be bonded.
  3. Garipoli

    Garipoli LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    thanks for the information!! :cool2:
  4. landscaper22

    landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 852

    You are not required to have a business license in all areas. I am only required to have a business license for work I do inside the city limits. It is just another way for them to get their hands on your money. Outside of the city limits, no business license is required. And like 1wezil said, most states will require a pesticide license for chemical applications. Those two should be all you need.
  5. topsites

    topsites LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 21,653

    Yeh and if you plans on driving a vehicle to-from you need a driver's license :D
  6. bone1

    bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga
    Messages: 202

    how do you get your pesticides license? do you have to have any college, i did a search and it looks like you do? thanks
  7. LB1234

    LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,208

    Then why is he STILL your "accountant/advisor"?????
  8. blind04

    blind04 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 117

    in indiana you just have to study there rules and regs to be able to pass there test, which is a pretty difficult test. i just went to purdue and took a couple of 2-3 day classes made for the tests. it was a good decision as i learned an aweful lot. they went over everything you could imagine aswell as everything you couldnt imagine. things like "do you need to be D.O.T. leagle, and if so what that intales and how to get it done.
  9. cgaengineer

    cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 15,778

    I am double licensed, firearms license and drivers license!
  10. blind04

    blind04 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 117

    in this respect, i am triple licenced. the two you spoke of and my chemical application licence.

Share This Page