1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Licensing In all States!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GroundKprs, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. coastal chemical

    coastal chemical LawnSite Member
    Messages: 2

    question is anyone treating for grubs now and if so are u using granular or liquid imadacloprid?
  2. k911lowe

    k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 526

    why is roundup a pesticide.why do you need a license to fertilize.i have had 3 pest control licenses in both california and arizona and have never heard of either one of these labeled as a pesticide.
  3. Grassmechanic

    Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,697

    are you serious?? you have 3 pest. licenses and you do not know that R-up is a pesticide?? This has got to be a joke.
  4. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    I no longer get upset at those who ride the short bus. I see them as great insurance that I will always be in demand.
  5. Grassmechanic

    Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,697

    I agree with you Ric, but it sure makes you wonder how some of these people ever got a license in the first place.:dizzy::dizzy:The downside is that we all end up paying for their ignorance in the form of more gov't regulations.:cry::cry::hammerhead::hammerhead:
  6. Home Works LLC

    Home Works LLC LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    In Fla. you have to get registered with DACS and get a limited lanscapers lic. for Fert. only . If you want to spray weeds insects and fungi you have to become a CPO . Fla does not reciprocate any states liscense. Dean
  7. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969

    Home Works

    I think you might be mistaken about Florida not reciprocating with other states. Florida does have an agreement with N.C. for Golf Course pesticide Certifications. Florida also recognise other state CPO as having experience and reduces the time requirement. CPO from other states only have to work under a Florida CPO for one year to sit for the test. While North Florida might have a similar climate to other southern states, South Florida is true sub tropic and has a totally different need than other states. I feel a year working for a CPO is not a big issue to get a Certification that can be very valuable.

    BTW At present time there is no State required License to apply fertilizer Many counties and Cities do require the BMP class and a local License. The State does have legislation in the works for a State wide Fertilizer License. It should pass this next session and although It will effect my program, I am in agreement with the proposed legislation.

    BTW Welcome to Lawnsite.
  8. Home Works LLC

    Home Works LLC LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    I guess I should have been more specific. Yes it is true that licenseing in other states reduces your time requirement in this state. What I meant was you will not be granted licenseing without work requirements and proper testing with reguard to CPCO licenses. However the state does prohibit the application of fertilizer by unlicensed applicators if they provide the fert. and the application equip. The loophole is that the home owner must supply both. In addition our county requires a fert. applicator permit only supplied to properly licensed and insured CPCO's for the purpose of contracting with the general public. I have been in the PC industry for 20 yrs and state certified for 10 plus a member of FPMA and NPMA . This issue is very hot with them. Thanks
  9. mngrassguy

    mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,167

  10. PestPro

    PestPro LawnSite Member
    Messages: 114

    Yes, In Missouri to get a license is 7A or 7B, you need to work for a company for at least one year. That is to get a certified license.

Share This Page