licensing requirements in Michigan????

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by MMLC, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. MMLC

    MMLC LawnSite Member
    Messages: 9

    Hello :waving:

    New guy in the business needs help getting started. I've got all my equipment to get started but have a question for you savvy veterans.

    What if any are the licensing requirements for residential lawn care? I'm talking the basics here.... Mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, fertilizing etc....

    If it matters it's in Clinton County.

  2. fishman644

    fishman644 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 46

    I beleive that is all you need besides a DBA for tax purposes. I know for sure you have to be certified for any fertilizer ,pesticide,weedkiller applications
  3. cgrappler135

    cgrappler135 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 193

    Besides fertilizing, if you are going to do any planting you need a nursury stock dealers lic. that runs $50 a year and you get it through the Michigan Department of Agriculture. No lic. for mowing that i know of

Share This Page