Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Oscapes, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. Oscapes

    Oscapes LawnSite Member
    from OHIO
    Messages: 60

    What do you need a license for?

    Aerating, Dethaching, Hydro seeding, or Fertilizing
  2. marko

    marko LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 963

    I doubt one is necessary for aerating or dethatching. Check this link for fertilizing:
    some states require it, some dont. Unsure of hydroseeding. Usually anything on someone elses property that kills weed or other pests, will require a liscense. This includes "weed and feed", bought at Home Depot and put down for hire.
  3. daveintoledo

    daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,587

    you must have a state issued vendors licence and collect sales tax equal to that of the tax of the county the work is done in.....50.00 for the licence

    this tax is due if gross revinue is over 5000.00

    licence to use any fertiliazer or pestiside or herbaside

Share This Page