Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GriffinLawnService, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. GriffinLawnService

    GriffinLawnService LawnSite Member
    Messages: 235

    Today I called my insurance guy about being bonded. He told me that he would check on it for me.

    He called me back an ask me if I was licensed by the state to landscape or provide lawn care.

    I am in Mississippi an this may be a dumb question but how do I obtain this. I have a LLC license. An I am pretty sure that an LLC license is not what I need.

    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. An with all that said he told me that my insurance is enough an he would not encourage me to get bonded unless required by a job.
  2. Bru75

    Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 582

    In VA we are licensed by the Dept. of Professional and Occupational Regulation. I would assume MS has something similar.
    Do a web search or talk to your local building dept.

Share This Page