Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Allen's LS, Mar 8, 2007.

  1. Allen's LS

    Allen's LS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 0

    Has anyone put a lien on someones property? What do you have to do to do one for a customer that hasn't paid you? This is for Washington State. I'm not sure what the laws are and/or where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    The laws change from state to state
  3. Az Gardener

    Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,899

    Here you have to file a pre-lien with the county just alerting the homeowner that you have filed papers to lien the property if the bill is not paid. We always did it after a signed contract and deposit but before start of job. New people to Az freak out but it is common practice for contracted work here.
  4. Allen's LS

    Allen's LS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 0

    I know it differs in each state. But I don't even know where to begin. what office or agency do I start with? :confused:
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

    Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,281

    I dont know, maybe call the clerk of courts or something??

    HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,981

    I would call the courthouse in whatever county the property is located in. They should be able to guide you the right way.
  7. Allen's LS

    Allen's LS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 0

    Thanks for the replies. I'll start there on Monday. :usflag:

Share This Page