Life as a landscape employee

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
I have been able to repay that amount many times over to our economy by creating jobs and services for many people. Thank you America for helping me do so. Our country created the opportunity and I am grateful for it.

Delmarva Keith

LawnSite Senior Member
Of the ten happiest countries
The top six were Vikings who raped , murdered and plundered the known world at the time
And all of them rely on the US and our blanket of military protection

if my ancestors stole enough riches to make his descendants wealthy and happy
I’d make all sorts of excuses about it too

when are the Scandinavian countries going to pay restitution by the way?
everyone expects the US to
I think once they’re done paying all that back… they won’t be so happy anymore
I recently saw a reading by Thomas Sowell that put a lot of the conquest, imperialism and other horribles in perspective. The premise was that these bad things were not American, or Western or Eurocentric, but actually human. Humans, since basically the dawn of the human race, have enslaved each other, conquered each other, taken from each other. It’s actually only very recently that this behavior has declined. If someone wants to cast aspersions on any group, or place or peoples, cast them on the human race as a whole. All humans historically did very bad things. It’s who we are and to try to go back in time in some perverse denial of history is a lie.

So, as you point out, the restitution crowd are just another set of opportunists and profiteers. Another undesirable trait of humans, but it’s all part of life.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I recently saw a reading by Thomas Sowell that put a lot of the conquest, imperialism and other horribles in perspective. The premise was that these bad things were not American, or Western or Eurocentric, but actually human. Humans, since basically the dawn of the human race, have enslaved each other, conquered each other, taken from each other. It’s actually only very recently that this behavior has declined. If someone wants to cast aspersions on any group, or place or peoples, cast them on the human race as a whole. All humans historically did very bad things. It’s who we are and to try to go back in time in some perverse denial of history is a lie.

So, as you point out, the restitution crowd are just another set of opportunists and profiteers. Another undesirable trait of humans, but it’s all part of life.
Exactly
Restitution would be a domino affect of displacement
At some point , France would need to just leave the entire country to give that land back to the Irish and welsh who were displaced from conquests before that land was called Gaul by the Roman’s after the Gaelic tribes that were there at the time.

Japan would need to empty out and go back to Korea where they came from to give the land back to the Ainu who are ironically closely related to Caucasian’s and England would need to take all their criminals back to give the continent back to the aborigine

of course the whole concept is absurd

treaties stop conquests when the winners of conquests decide to stop slaughtering eachother.

however also equally absurd is the idea that if Russia wants to Re acquire Ukraine, that the US or Britain should do anything about it

that would depend on what Allies and pacts Ukraine had made for protection

We spend far too much playing hall monitor to the works with far too little in return
Conquests could and maybe should still happen.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Exactly
Restitution would be a domino affect of displacement
At some point , France would need to just leave the entire country to give that land back to the Irish and welsh who were displaced from conquests before that land was called Gaul by the Roman’s after the Gaelic tribes that were there at the time.

Japan would need to empty out and go back to Korea where they came from to give the land back to the Ainu who are ironically closely related to Caucasian’s and England would need to take all their criminals back to give the continent back to the aborigine

of course the whole concept is absurd

treaties stop conquests when the winners of conquests decide to stop slaughtering eachother.

however also equally absurd is the idea that if Russia wants to Re acquire Ukraine, that the US or Britain should do anything about it

that would depend on what Allies and pacts Ukraine had made for protection

We spend far too much playing hall monitor to the works with far too little in return
Conquests could and maybe should still happen.
Survival of the fittest:weightlifter:

Top Forums