1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Life is Good

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.Henderson, Jul 11, 2003.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

When I bought my Exmark last year, the closest dealer was 35 miles away in Muscatine Iowa. It was a 40 minute drive but I sucked it up and made the trip. Two weeks later, a new dealer opened up in Davenport, Iowa and now my trip was shortened by 20 minutes. I can live with that, I said to myself.

Just yesterday, I found out that in my very own town, a dealer had started to carry Exmark about 2 weeks ago. I am estatic now. It is only about a 4 minute drive to the dealership.:blob3:

2. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Henderson, where are you from? I’m from Cedar Rapids.

Your lucky you don’t have to compete with the lco’s around here. I’m just a kid and I’m feeling a lot of the pressure.

If your close to Cedar Rapids there is a store called midway outdoor equip. They carry Toro, scag , Grass…., Hustler, cub and some 2 cycle. They are always helping me out with cost ect.

3. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

haha never mind... I didnt see that you were 4 mn away.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Having a dealer close by is very nice when you need a last minute part of some service as long as they do good work. I always try and support the local guy as long as they do a good job.

Gravely_Man