1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lift for shop?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HazellLawnCare, Mar 24, 2007.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone out there have a lift in their shop? I have been considering one for working on the equipment but I'm not sure which ones to look into.

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Funny - just yesterday I fab'ed one out of 3" I-Beam. It has an 8' span and about 8' high. The post are 10' with about 2.5' in concrete. I plan to just sling a chain over the top and hook a chain hoist to lift my mower for blade changes and stuff ..

Puttin it to use tomorrow.

HF has some A-Frame types with wheels but didn't need that myself or the expense.

3. HazellLawnCare

Actually I was thinking a air lift table or a hydraulic lift. Something where I can lift a whole mower up in the air so I am not on my knees working on it.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have a hydraulic motorcycle lift table I use for 21" and 36" mowers.
    I am looking for a Hefty Lift for my ztr's.

5. HazellLawnCare

I have seen the motorcycle lift tables with the side extensions. They are more what I was thinking.

6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

You mean one of those shop style motorcycle lifts? Not the small pump juck right. Heck I could do a few mods and get a Z up ther no prob!

7. HazellLawnCare

Yes the heavy duty motorcycle lifts. They make extensions for them so they are 48" wide. Can you put on z on one though?

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the new Northern Tool Master Catalog and they have a couple of pages of different lifts in there. The sizes range from small to larger enough to lift a tractor trailer cab or a box truck. They have dual post and four corner post lifts.

Tim

9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Ah - something like that will set you back around $1500+. I'm cheap.

HF and like the other said Northern Tool have them.

10. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic