• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Light at the end of the tunnel

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
Today has been like every Saturday for me since the end of March. Throwing mulch, plantings, trimming, etc. This Spring has just been madness around here but I can finally see the light. Next Saturday should be the last weekend I actually have work scheduled for. After that, it’ll be primarily maintenance Monday-Friday(unless it rains a couple days in a row) until fall arrives(which will be here before we know it). Anyhow, my body currently hates me, my bank loves me and I’m ready to be done with scheduled weekend work.

I hope everyone else's Spring madness is starting to calm down. Be safe out there, it’ll be getting hot soon.

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member
Still going strong here too as well.. however I’m starting to see the light as well.. got maybe one to two more weeks of craziness that I can see anyway and then it should be straight maintenance for us as well. I hope anyway lol. Between the overload in work and weather and my employee going off the deep end it’s been crazy. But come June I think I have a new full time guy coming on that so far what little he’s helped on weekends has been great. And I believe it’s about time my long time guy of almost 5 years hits the road. But that’s another story!! Anyway yes things seem to be coming together before long as long as we don’t get to many rain days

13Razorbackfan

LawnSite Silver Member
I was kind of caught up till the rain every day since Tuesday. So we're starting back all day tomorrow and literally all day, daylight till dark, till it rains again. Still have a sod job scheduled and 2 landscape jobs that will take 2 guys 10 hours per day fitting the mowing in between all that.

Spent all day today with a new trailer putting sides on it and installing 5 equipment defender racks on a round top trailer. Custom trailer with side gate ordered on thr 21st should be in in the next couple weeks and have to modify that one with racks and eveything as well.

So we're non-stop right now but that's good

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yeah agreed rain still killing us. Had a decent week last week for once. Still booked out a month or longer on larger mulch and sod installs. About a week behind our normal mow schedual and almost 2 weeks behind trying to finish this round of lawn apps. It's been a tough start.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Slowing down?? Hell it just started....usually nutty through June.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Today has been like every Saturday for me since the end of March. Throwing mulch, plantings, trimming, etc. This Spring has just been madness around here but I can finally see the light. Next Saturday should be the last weekend I actually have work scheduled for. After that, it’ll be primarily maintenance Monday-Friday(unless it rains a couple days in a row) until fall arrives(which will be here before we know it). Anyhow, my body currently hates me, my bank loves me and I’m ready to be done with scheduled weekend work.

I hope everyone else's Spring madness is starting to calm down. Be safe out there, it’ll be getting hot soon.
You are a better man than I. It is usually around June 15th before I am really caught up and by then the temps are in the 90's.

OP
Cut n Strut

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
You are a better man than I. It is usually around June 15th before I am really caught up and by then the temps are in the 90's.
I dunno about being better than anyone. Just been grinding trying to get things done. I can’t stand having jobs scheduled a month out, just hanging over my head. Happens every spring but I never get used to it.

OP
Cut n Strut

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
Me either. Your customers appreciate your sense of urgency.
That they do but more importantly I don’t want them calling asking “when” will this or that get done, yadda, yadda, yadda. Can’t get anything done when people are blowing my phone up ya know.

Plus I hate being put on the back burner when I want a service so I don’t expect any of them to deal with that either. I land a lot of work from that philosophy but it sure is tiring after awhile. That’s what’s nice about offering full service imo. You get to switch gears about the time you start getting burnt out.