Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats everyone drive? I notice some have trailers some trucks. Would like to see pictures and hear what everyone else is using. btw will post pics tomorrow. But our most recent truck is a 08 2500HD with utility body for service/new installs. Works pretty well a lot of lockable storage. I'm still trying to find a sleek looking back rack for ladders. I just don't want to put a big ol ugly ladder rack on it just yet. So anyway whats everyone else have?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Looked up the ford transit in the above looking post, pretty cool looking car/van. would be perfect for service, but if Ford's bringing over the van from europe, why not bring over the 4 cylinder turbo diesel with it? It is a brand new engine for last year, with high pressure injection and meets the new emissions requirements in the UK for 2011. it could easily pass current emissions here. the diesel gets 40+ mpg !

my dream rig is the older ( 2007 and earlier ) dodge sprinter diesel that gets 30mpg, and I'll buy them when they drop to around 10 grand or so in the used market.

currently I've got a diesel bus, a ford full size van, 2 ford f-150's and a honda odyssey minivan, all for business. I will buy an additional used van/cargo van this christmas season.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Dakota sport Quad cab. Would like to buy a 6 x 10 trailer if I could ever start making some $.
Tim you buy from JDL, just enroll int he Edge Program. Last year it was called Hitch and Grow. This is our trailer promotion we run. There are tons of otehr prizes as well like laptops, training, and cameras to name a few.

·
Registered
17,863 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Tim you buy from JDL, just enroll int he Edge Program. Last year it was called Hitch and Grow. This is our trailer promotion we run. There are tons of otehr prizes as well like laptops, training, and cameras to name a few.
I am not buying through JDL anymore. I found a distributor that actually sells Unique at a price that makes sense. I am saving literally HUNDREDS on every job.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I test drove an 08 Tundra yesterday. 17k for the base model which has a v6, auto with auto standard, and pwr windows. nice truck. I wondered if the 07-08 is better on fuel than previous years.

Looking at a Silverado, about the same price but not near as nice as the toyota. Employee pricing on top of the incentives begins wednesday. I was told thats about 800.00 below invoice - 5000.00

Fords, I don't like the XL and XLT is a big jump in price.

Or I could keep the 97 Z71. Looks good for a work truck but suuuucckkk gas.

·
Registered
11,321 Posts
I test drove an 08 Tundra yesterday. 17k for the base model which has a v6, auto with auto standard, and pwr windows. nice truck. I wondered if the 07-08 is better on fuel than previous years.

Looking at a Silverado, about the same price but not near as nice as the toyota. Employee pricing on top of the incentives begins wednesday. I was told thats about 800.00 below invoice - 5000.00

Fords, I don't like the XL and XLT is a big jump in price.

Or I could keep the 97 Z71. Looks good for a work truck but suuuucckkk gas.
With Ford you can get an xl with power everything for right inbetween the price of an xl and xlt.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.