Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper way to light a tree? I know there is a wide range of trees so lets break it down.

Massive Oak (I am sure just a canopy hang?).

Medium River birch.

Small crape myrtle.

What I am looking for is how you climb the big guys and how you attach the cords to the trees/branches.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Use zip ties if you belive the customer will pay you for the tripling of time to install and take down. otherwise, with time, you will learn how to install with an extension pole how to put lights on trees that will not come down with normal wind and storms. sorry, but my lights don't come off my trees that I do, but they do sometimes with the new guy. it's an experience thing.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I never even considered zip tying lights to a tree. You will quickly figure out how to get lights to stay in trees wether it is a branch wrap or a canopy wrap. I have not had lights come out of a tree yet using ladders and extension poles. A bucket truck for the bigger trees.

It would take way too much time to take down if everything was zip tied.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
We use electrical tape sometimes to secure the cords to the trees when we set power but that is it and easier to take down than a zip tie that needs to be cut.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You guys are 100% right on the zip ties here. New guy (that would be me) did about 17 trees last year zip ties them where I thought they would need it, and what a fantastic pita!!!! all n all it took 4 days to put them up and 3 days down. Part of the issue is the customer only wanted to buy 50 sets of 100 count and I had to stretch them, so it was move here there yadada. Any how I love the fact that w tornadoe (ok a little extreme) could have come thru and they would have been fine and no broken wires, but like I said a fantastic PITA!.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.