Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through July and August it got pretty hot. Some of my cusotmers asked why I don't mow at night when it's cool.
Do you guys make a light kit?

Lazer HP 2003

· Premium Member
4,261 Posts
HighGrass,

Sorry, we don't have a light kit at this time. I know this is on the project list but time will tell if something ever makes it to market.

Thanks

Terry

· Registered
1,334 Posts
go to ww.whelen.com, order you 2 white(or clear) L.E.D. lights they draw like 1/10th of an amp and are extremely bright and are tested to burn for over 100,000 hours.

they are built for emergency vehicle lighting, so they are expensive, but worth it

· Registered
1,288 Posts
I have lights on two of my lasers. My Exmark dealer makes a bracket and mounts lights on them so they are even with the gas tanks. Runs power line through the key switch. Work great especially in the fall.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Cutter1
I have lights on two of my lasers. My Exmark dealer makes a bracket and mounts lights on them so they are even with the gas tanks. Runs power line through the key switch. Work great especially in the fall.
You don't have a picture ny any chance...?

· Registered
15,214 Posts
I'll post some pics of mine here, pretty quick. I'll take some tomorrow, if I get the chance. I built my own bracket, and I'll show you how I mounted it. It's nice and high, so it clears the foot pedal for trajectory, without making a big shadow, but it's low enough to be out of the way of things. I have mine rigged directly to the battery with a fusable link, so the key doesn't even have to be on to turn the light on.

· Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by Runner
I'll post some pics of mine here, pretty quick. I'll take some tomorrow, if I get the chance. I built my own bracket, and I'll show you how I mounted it. It's nice and high, so it clears the foot pedal for trajectory, without making a big shadow, but it's low enough to be out of the way of things. I have mine rigged directly to the battery with a fusable link, so the key doesn't even have to be on to turn the light on.
When can you post thie pics?

· Registered
4,531 Posts
This has always been a big beef with me. I spend $10-13k on a mower and have to rig up some kind of lighting system. Lights are a must with me. I have 2 Grasshoppers and a Gravely- all have factory lights.

· Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Sorry guys,

I thought I posted this last week.

We now have a light kit approved. The mounting brackets are designed to mount to the new ROPS so if you don't already have the ROPS you can either purchase one or use your own mounting location.

List on the light kit is $99 and should be available mid-January.

Thanks

Terry

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by eXmark
Sorry guys,

I thought I posted this last week.

We now have a light kit approved. The mounting brackets are designed to mount to the new ROPS so if you don't already have the ROPS you can either purchase one or use your own mounting location.

List on the light kit is $99 and should be available mid-January.

Thanks

Terry
OK... don't make fun here but what is ROPS?

· Registered
15,214 Posts
Well, I thought that that would be ONE good use for the ROPS, anyway! The lights and perhaps a nice sized fire extinguisher.Sorry, Diesel Deere for the delay on the pics. Here are some (I hope they turn out).

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

· Registered
15,214 Posts
And here is from behind the bracket. Basically, I just used a piece of angle iron, did a little measuring to see how much I would need to hold the light on top, and cut a right triangle out of the side, allowing me to bend it over and weld it. I forgot to take a pic of the bottom, to show how it was bolted to the steel on the lift height designator. Anyway, the stock runs all the way down to the horizontal chassis bar at the bottom of the steel of the height indicator arced triangle. You can see how I have it fused and where the switch is.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Engineering

· Registered
127 Posts
To answer the question on this thread.
ROPS: ROll OVER PROTECTION SYSTEM
Now standard equipment for 2004 according to their recent mailer.

It's the bar behind the seat that rises above your head.

· Registered
261 Posts
Runner, are you mounting only 1 light? And did you ever have any charging problems or slow downs from the battery? That looks like a good do it yourself job. Congrats. I can't see paying for a light kit that needs a rops kit in order to mount.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts